Watch: Agriculture Minister responds to Tikait’s ‘40 lakh tractor march’ threat

Video Credit: HT Digital Content
Published on February 24, 2021 - Duration: 03:02s

Watch: Agriculture Minister responds to Tikait’s ‘40 lakh tractor march’ threat

Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh Tomar has responded to farmer leader Rakesh Tikait’s warning of another tractor rally, but this time with 40 lakh tractors.

Responding to a question, the minister said that the government has always been committed to working for the farmers and doubling their incomes.

‘Discussions have been held many times, if they have a point to raise even now, we are ready to discuss,’ Tomar added.

This comes after Rakesh Tikait during a rally in Sikar, Rajasthan said that they will soon announce another tractor rally, this time to the Parliament and with 40 lakh tractors.

Watch the full video for all the details.


You are here


💡 newsR Knowledge: Other News Mentions


Rakesh Tikait

National Spokesperson Of Bharatiya Kisan Union (BKU)
The final decision regarding whether the farmers' protest will be called off or not will most likely be taken tomorrow, as per reports.
Credit: DNA - Published 5 hours ago

Ahead of the scheduled meeting of Samyukt Kisan Morcha today, Bharatiya Kisan Union (BKU) leader Rakesh Tikait said, "Our demand for minimum support price is..
Credit: IndiaTimes - Published 4 days ago

Credit: IndiaTimes - Published 4 days ago

Bharatiya Kisan Union leader Rakesh Tikait on Sunday demanded that the Centre bring a law to guarantee Minimum Support Price (MSP) for crops to protect the..
Credit: IndiaTimes - Published 1 week ago

"The Mahapanchayat will raise the demands of the farm movement including the legal guarantee for MSP, withdrawal of Electricity Amendment Bill, removal of penal..
Credit: IndiaTimes - Published 1 week ago


Rajasthan

State in north-western India
Home minister Amit Shah on Sunday dismissed accusations that BJP tried to topple the Congress government in Rajasthan and dared the ruling party to call early..
Credit: IndiaTimes - Published 2 days ago

India’s tally of confirmed Covid-19 cases linked to the newly discovered Omicron variant shot up five times overnight as nine people in Rajasthan, including a..
Credit: IndiaTimes - Published 2 days ago

Earlier in the day, 7 more cases had been detected in Maharashtra while Delhi also confirmed its first case of the new 'variant of concern'.
Credit: DNA - Published 2 days ago

Related videos from verified sources

‘A govt can never dare to make laws that will harm farmers’: Tomar 03:00
Video credit: HT Digital Content - Published on February 26, 2021 

Doors still open for talks Tomar on Tikait's '40 lakh tractors march' plan 01:18
Video credit: ANI - Published on February 24, 2021 

Will march to Parliament with 40 lakh tractors if farm laws aren't taken back: Rakesh Tikait 01:41
Video credit: ANI - Published on February 24, 2021 

You might like